Thursday, January 26, 2012

Valentine's Day cookie sandwich

Hey everyone!

I stumbled upon this blog called "A Small Snippet", where I found this great idea for Valentine's Day cookie sandwich's.

Now I changed the look of these compared to the recipe instructions because I couldn't bare to waste that much cookie to make them heart shaped. Visit the link above to A Small Snippet to see how hers came out and then compare to mine. By the look of the picture over at LeAna's blog, I couldn't wait until the big day to make them so we had them last night for dessert. Here is what I got:


Not bad huh? They were very easy! In fact, I didn't know you can take any cake batter and make it into a cookie by just adding 1 stick of butter and 2 eggs.

The recipe is as follows:
1 box of red velvet cake batter
1 stick of butter (unsalted)
2 eggs


This recipe will yield approx. 24 cookies.

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, and use a cookie scoop (I used a tablespoon from my measuring spoons) and scoop out and place on cookie sheet (Tip - dip measuring spoon in water after every scoop of cookie batter, it makes it very easy to put on the cookie sheet).

After you bake at 350 degrees for 10 min, let them cool on a rack. Grab your cookie cutter in the shape you desire. I grabbed the circle, because it was super easy and as described before I couldn't bare wasting that much cookie.

After I cut all my circle shapes, I then followed this very simple way to put frosting on. I don't own a pastry bag, so I used a Ziploc and just cut off the tip to use as the base of the pastry bag.
After I piped on a fair amount, I used another cookie and squished them together, and viola, a cookie sandwich!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...